An excessive heat warning continues today — with the heat index expected to reach up to 120 degrees.
The National Weather Service says high temperatures and moderate levels of humidity are causing the heat wave. The warning is in effect from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday's hot weather, combined with the heat we've experienced over the last several days, increases the likelihood of heat-related illnesses, according to the NWS, including heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
The NWS recommends you:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Stay in an air-conditioned room
- Stay out of the sunshine
- Check on elderly neighbors and relatives.
- Keep strenuous activity limited to the early morning and evening
- Wear light-weight and loose-fitting clothing
- Drink plenty of water
- Schedule frequent rest breaks in a shaded or air conditioned environment.