Roper Rehabilitation Hospital (RRH) will mark its 20th anniversary Tuesday, July 31.
Often called a hospital within a hospital, RRH is a full, inpatient rehabilitation hospital located inside Roper Hospital. The facility's goal is to help people with disabling injuries or illnesses reach their highest level of independence upon discharge from the program.
Roper Rehab has experienced many successes in the past two decades, including:
- Being the first and only rehab facility in the Lowcountry to earn the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) designation.
- An 85 percent discharge-to-home rate which is higher than the national average of 81 percent.
- More than 15,000 treated patients.
- Space expansions to provide private and semi-private patient rooms.
- Implementing innovative technology such as metronome therapy and rehabilitation slings.
- A record number of discharges (124) in May 2012.
Past and present Roper Rehab staff, former patients and others will celebrate the facility's anniversary tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a recap of that event and more in local media in the coming days.
Have questions, comments or ideas for Patched Up!? Contact us here.